Shabbat Interactive is:
- A multimedia learning environment that explores Shabbat for children from ages 6 to 11
- An engaging tool that utilizes cutting-edge technology
- A groundbreaking educator resource
- A dynamic educational experience for children and their families
What is Shabbat Interactive?
The program contains 9 digital modules designed for interactive white boards and PCs, accompanied by 9 lesson plans for teachers, formulated by top curriculum developers.
The first 3 modules explore the history of Shabbat whilst the last 6 modules explore the customs and traditions of Shabbat every week.
Each digital module consists of:
- A curriculum plan outlining learning objectives, knowledge, skills, understanding, learning outcomes, and success criteria for that module
- A printable worksheet for the class
- A PowerPoint lesson plan with resources consisting of:
- Baseline assessments, learning objectives and guidelines for blended learning lessons on the interactive white board
- Activities – crafts, dramas, quiz, games, songs, projects
- Stories for teachers to read with the children
- Additional material relevant to the module such as enlarged Chumash texts, Gemorahs, and Midrashim
- Discussion points based on the module that emphasize personal, social, health and emotional aspects that enhance growth in value systems and personal attributes
- Digital homework based on the content of the program encouraging students to be innovative, active learners in control of their education
- Summative assessment tools