In the press
- Put iJudaism on the curriculum Our UK director, Chana Kanzen, had a comment piece published in the Jewish Chronicle this week.
Entitled “Put iJudaism on the curriculum”, the article discusses how technology is prevalent in student’s lives at home but is lacking in school.
Read the full article here.
At this moment my 12-year old is creating a book on the iPad, while ...
- Support Jewish Interactive for free via give4sure Jewish Interactive are working with give4sure an innovative fundraising app. The concept is very simple, you simply download the app (or extension) in your browser and it will show you which online stores it works with e.g. Amazon. When you shop with one of the 1400 participating stores the retailer will donate up to 4% ...
- JI explores North African cuisine at Gefiltefest On 19th May 2013 Jewish Interactive UK ran a session at Gefiltest, the annual Jewish food festival.
The theme of this years Gefiltefest was World Foods and Jewish Interactive was asked to run a session exploring North African foods.
We brought a mini iPad lab to the festival and used them to enhance our “North African Adventures” sessions. ...
- Continue Learning: Join our mini seminars in July (UK) Following on from the very successful Digital Technology for Jewish Studies Seminar, we received many requests for follow up sessions.
In response to these requests we have organised two mini seminars that will take place in July.
To register for “Appy Hour” on 1st July please use this form or click here
Sell Tickets through Eventbrite
To register for ...
- Digital Technology Conference for Primary Jewish Studies Teachers On Wednesday 1st May 2013 Jewish Interactive presented at the Naomi Prawer Kadar: Digital Technology Conference for Primary Jewish Studies Teachers. Jewish Interactive UK co-organised the event with World ORT.
- iPad presented to our winners in California The winners in our second international digital homework competition were presented with their iPad prize in Beverly Hills by Jewish Interactive’s Ryan Newfield and Rabbi Zach Swigard. Aaron, Ezra and Daniel from Harkham Hillel Hebrew Academy in Beverly Hills, California (USA) won the iPad for the video they created in Minecraft about the Beit Hamikdash.
- King David Linksfield – Prizegiving for “4 Kidz by Kidz” competition winners On April 12, 2013 Jewish Interactive awarded the prizewinners at King David Linksfield Primary in Johannesburg with their certificates and prizes. We made a short video of the winning entries to be shown at the assembly.
King David Linksfield winners: From left- Itamar Aviani (tablet), Adam Harth (iPod Touch), Adi Gordon (voucher), Gina Levi (voucher) and ...
- Naomi Prawer Kadar International Seminar for Digital Technology in Primary Jewish Education Jewish Interactive UK is delighted to be working in collaboration with World ORT and The Naomi Foundation to organise a conference for Jewish Studies teachers in primary schools on 1st May 2013.
The programme includes a diverse selection of sessions ranging from how you can use Twitter to enhance your CPD to improving your SMARTBoard skills.
- Prizes and certificates awarded at MJGDS in Jacksonville, Florida Martin J Gottlieb Day School in Jacksonville, Florida sent in many competition entries. Amongst them were 2 tablet winners, and 3 special mentions. Take a look at the photos from the ceremony that took place on Friday 5 April, 2013.
Jon Mitzmacher presents Rebecca Bubis with her tablet
Jon Mitzmacher presents Jonah Willens with his tablet
- JI launch at Beyachad Community Centre, Johannesburg Jewish Interactive moved into the Beyachad Community Centre in January 2013. On April 9, we held a breakfast launch to introduce the work we are doing to the various organisations in the building. We are looking for ways to cooperate with the many Jewish organisations sharing the building with us, and this was a great ...
- JI in the News – Hamodia – March 2013 Jewish Interactive was mentioned in the March 21st edition of the Hamodia newspaper published in the UK. You can find us on page B74 or just read from the image attached.
- JI in the News – Jewish Journal – LA Our recent competition winners were mentioned in the Jewish Journal – LA edition. Read the full article here. We’re about halfway down the page.
- Pesach iPad Workshop at Mathilda-Marks Kennedy School On Monday 18th March, Jewish Interactive UK visited Mathilda Marks Kennedy Primary School to run an iPad workshop during their Y5 Seder.
We prepared a set of Pesach Photos and Hebrew words so that we wouldn’t be reliant on internet access when running the workshop. The children used ScribblePress (one of our favourite iPad apps) to create ...
- Certificate Presentation at Wolfson Hillel Primary School Channah Goldblatt from Jewish Interactive UK visited Wolfson Hillel Primary School to present certificates to the students that entered the Digital Work competition.
- Certificate Presentation at Moriah Jewish Day School Channah Goldblatt from Jewish Interactive UK visited Moriah Jewish Day School to present certificates to the students that entered the Digital Work competition.
- Certificate Presentation at Hasmonean High School Chana Kanzen and Channah Goldblatt from Jewish Interactive UK visited Hasmonean High Girls School this morning to present certificates to the students that entered the Digital Work competition.
- Interview on Radio ChaiFM about “4 Kidz by Kidz” Corinne Ossendryver from Jewish Interactive was interviewed by Steven Grusd on Radio ChaiFM on 1 March 2013. The topic of the interview was the competition “4 Kidz by Kidz” that was run by Jewish Interactive. 165 entries were received from 4 continents and 15 schools worldwide. You can see the winning entries here…
- Press release: Competition winners Jewish Interactive is building a database of students’ products “4 Kidz by Kidz” which aims to provide resources to teachers and children on Jewish topics in the words of students. In order to grow the database, Jewish Interactive runs regular competitions inviting students to send in their digital work. Students are asked to choose a ...
- Jewish Interactive Presents at the Beit Midrash at the Pearlstone Center In February 2013, Jewish Interactive presented at the Beit Midrash at the Pearlstone Center.
- Reimagining CPD for Jewish Studies Teachers – JSTeachMeet On Wednesday 30th January 2013, Jewish Interactive’s Channah Goldblatt hosted a new type of CPD event for Jewish Studies teachers, a JSTeachMeet. This was a free event organised “for teachers by teachers” following the TeachMeet format. The JSTeachMeet focused on “Teaching Purim in Primary Schools”.
There were 13 attendees from 7 Jewish schools in London, England. ...
- 21st Century Learning at the National Jewish Education Conference for Primary Jewish Studies Teachers On Tuesday 15th January 2013, Jewish Interactive UK presented at the National Jewish Education Conference for Primary Jewish Studies Teachers in London on the topic of 21st Century Learning.
Feedback was overwhelmingly positive with 90% of attendees requesting further training. One attendee said the session as “eye opening” as she had not realised how these tools ...
- MJGDS Chanukah Game Project
MJGDS Chanukah Game Project Press Release
At Jewish Interactive, we are committed to producing software that makes Jewish study engaging and dynamic. Our guiding principle is to challenge students to become an intrinsic part of the learning process, by asking them to piece together Torah sources themselves, utilizing critical thinking and active learning.
There is no better ...
- Jewish Interactive on ChaiFM radio Jewish Interactive’s Nicky Newfield and Corinne Ossendryver were interviewed by Steven Gruzd on the “Board Talk” show of the Johannesburg Jewish radio station 101.9 ChaiFm on Friday 19th July 2012. Listen to the Podcast here.
- South African winners in the Jewish Report – 26 Nov 2012
- Jewish Interactive awards prizes to Herzlia Constantia competition winners Jewish Interactive were thrilled to present Leah Gluckman and Simona Stone from Herzlia Constantia Primary School in Cape Town with Kalahari.com gift vouchers for being runners up in their first international digital homework competition. Certificates were also presented to all the participants from the school.
The first prize of an iPad was won by Adam Hart of Wolfson Hillel Primary in ...
- iPad competition winner in Jewish Chronicle- October 2012 Jewish Interactive appeared in the UK’s Jewish Chronicle on 12 October 2012: Featured were the winners in their first international digital homework competition. The first prize of an iPad went to Adam Hart (aged 9) from Wolfson Hillel Primary School in London. The runners up won vouchers. Click here to see all the winning entries.
- Teacher training at “Lilmod u’lamed” in June 2012, London Jewish Interactive UK Manager, Chana Kanzen, training teachers at “Lilmod u’lamed” in London, June 2012.
- Competition winners – King David Victory Park (Johannesburg)
Jewish Interactive were thrilled to present Chad Rayd from King David Victory Park Primary School in Johannesburg with a Kalahari.com gift voucher for being a runner up in their first international digital homework competition. Certificates were also presented to all the participants from the school.
The first prize of an iPad was won by Adam Hart of Wolfson ...
- Jewish Interactive competition (London winners) – press release Jewish Interactive were thrilled to present a brand new iPad to Adam Hart (aged 9) from Wolfson Hillel Primary School in London for winning their first international digital homework competition. Adam’s entry – an interactive 3D pop-up ebook is available for viewing on their site www.jewishinteractive.net, as are many other entries from around the globe.
Jewish Interactive, ...
- Report back on Australia’s ZFA Conference – Rabbi Tal Segel The 8th Biennial Educators Conference of the Zionist Federation of Australia, held at Bialik School in Melbourne, brought together Zionist Jewish schools from across Australia for two days of professional development and discussion.
- Jewish Interactive training in Manchester 18 teachers attended Jewish Interactive training in Manchester 11 July 2012 hosted by Broughton Jewish primary school. The session was focused on blended learning through the Shabbat Interactive programme and feedback was very positive.
We welcome our Northern friends on board!
- Manchester Presentation: 11 July 2012 11 July 2012: Manchester
Jewish Interactive will be presenting at Broughton Jewish Primary School in Manchester, England, this Wednesday 11th July 2012. Looking forward to seeing all our Northern friends! If you are interested in attending, please contact Chana, our UK manager.
- iPad Workshop – June 2012 Jewish Interactive, in partnership with Think Ahead, hosted an exciting hands-on workshop on blended learning in the 21st Century Jewish Studies classroom using the iPad, at the Apple iStore in Sandton, Johannesburg on the 6th June 2012.
- JI Presenting at ZFA Jewish Educators’ Conference Jewish Interactive will be presenting two workshops at the Zionist Federation of Australia’s 8th Biennial Jewish Educators’ Conference: “Perspectives in Contemporary Jewish Education,” which will be held on 12-13 August, at Bialik College in Melbourne.
- Jewish Life (June 2012) Knowledge at our Fingertips. Following the advice of King Solomon – Educating in a modern world
- JI Presents at the Torah Umesorah Convention Jewish Interactive director, Nicky Newfield, delivered a lecture on blended learning in the Jewish studies classroom at the 56th Torah Umesorah Convention, 16-20 May 2012, in Lake Harmony, PA
- Mofet – Jewish Portal of Teacher Education (Feb 2012) Jewish Interactive, an innovative non-profit organisation, founded in South Africa, that strives to create interactive Jewish programs, utilizing modern technology, has implemented a multimedia learning pilot “Shabbat Interactive” in tens of schools in South Africa and UK. They also recently presented the pilot at the North American Jewish Day Schools conference in the US.
- Young Innovators’ Gathering The Charles and Lynn Schusterman Family Foundation, in partnership with Sasfin Bank and with support from Jewish Interactive, took part in an exclusive gathering with leading experts, innovators, entrepreneurs and activists to explore existing and potential pathways of Jewish life, Israel-Diaspora relations and social activism across South Africa. See more…
- Torah Live – Blog Post – (Feb 2012)
Blog post “Partnering with Jewish Interactive of South Africa”, February 2012
- RAVSAK – Hayedion (Jan 2012) Students today turn to the Web for entertainment; schools can create Web environments to capitalize on their excitement for this media to benefit Jewish education.
- JI Exhibiting at NAJDS Conference Jewish Interactive will be exhibiting at the North American Jewish Day Schools conference in Atlanta, Georgia from the 15th to the 17th January 2012. Please visit us if you are at the conference!
- London Training: November 2011 In November 2011, a full day training session for Jewish educators was held in London. As a result, the following schools signed up to Jewish Interactive. Students in these schools will be learning with Shabbat Interactive from January 2012.
Menorah Foundation School
Edgware Jewish Primary School
Michael Sobell Sinai School
Morasha Jewish Primary School
Moriah Jewish Day School
Naima Jewish ...
- South African Jewish Report (Sept 2010) One is tempted to refer to Shabbos Interactive, an electronic product devised and created by Nicky Newfield and Corinne Ossendryver and released earlier this year, as a game, simply because it is so immediately engaging…
- South African Jewish Report (Aug 2010) More than 2500 Jewish children across a variety of different schools in South Africa have had the privilege of being among the first in the country to experience lessons about their heritage in a technologically advanced environment.
- Jewish Life Magazine (July 2010) Stimulating children in their learning about Shabbos has just become a whole lot easier, with the completion of an interactive CD that is so exciting, children and adults alike will be thrilled to discover the beauty of the Jewish people’s day of rest…