New digital education charity seeks technical trainer to help Jewish schools integrate ICT into their daily practice
Are you interested in being part of an exciting new venture?
Established in 2012, Jewish Interactive is an innovative non-profit organisation that creates interactive Jewish programmes/apps using cutting edge technology to make Torah more relevant, accessible and alive to Jewish educators, children and parents. We currently have offices in South Africa, Israel and the UK, and we are working with schools/organisations in the USA.
Jewish Interactive UK aims to become the centre for Jewish educational technology in the UK. We use ICT training and support to help schools integrate ICT into the curriculum to enhance Jewish learning.
The organisation is seeking a part-time ICT Trainer to work with the UK Director to deliver staff professional development in Jewish Schools, run iPad workshops and curriculum sessions.
Our new ICT Trainer will have teaching experience and have taught in a classroom setting. With excellent communication and ICT skills they will be confident with iPads and the integration of Tablets in a school context. We are seeking someone with up to date knowledge of the use of technology within the educational sector, and an ability to apply Jewish learning to an ICT context. Hebrew language skills would be an advantage but not essential.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please find below the job description and person specification. For an informal discussion about the role contact the UK Director, Chana Kanzen at email@example.com or call 0207 443 5101.
The closing date for applications 28th March 2014
Jewish Interactive UK is a registered charity in the UK – Registered Charity Number 1151408
Jewish Interactive aims to be an equal opportunities employer.
Job title: Educational Technology Trainer
16 hours per week during the first six months, with the potential to increase hours subject to available funding
UK Director, Jewish Interactive
Purpose of Role:
- To plan and deliver staff professional development in ICT integration in Jewish Schools.
- To run iPad workshops and Jewish Interactive curriculum sessions.
- Plan, develop and implement staff professional development sessions for both secular and Jewish departments
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of cutting-edge technology within the education sector
- Prepare appropriate hand-outs and presentations to accompany training sessions. (These will be the property of JI).
- Monitor and evaluate staff training sessions, working with the director to ensure high standards of delivery.
- Liaise with member schools, maintaining regular contact and providing support as required.
- Work with the UK Director to maximise marketing opportunities for Jewish Interactive training and workshops
- Work with the UK Director to expand the number of JI member schools across the UK.
- Ensure contact databases are updated regularly.
- Maintain and be responsible for any JI IT hardware used for training eg:iPads.
- Some teaching experience (taught in a classroom setting in a primary or secondary school)
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent ICT skills (confident with iPads/tablet integration within a school context, basic programming skills, good knowledge of educational apps, social media, familiarity with different interfaces like Apple/Microsoft)
- Good Jewish Knowledge and ability to apply Jewish learning to an ICT context.
Desirable but not essential
- Hebrew language skills